Monday, January 19, 2009

My weekend in a nutshell

I got to see Jaime!!!! As usual we had a blast. For those of you who don't know Jaime, you should! She is one of those infectiously bubbly, fun, super-people! Seriously, we laughed until it hurt for pretty much 12 hours straight. I do not have one picture of the entire rendevous, as I had promised, which makes me really sad! None-the-less, we had a great time. Other than that, I laid pretty low.

I have a fun little date night planned for tonight. I'm going to surprise Daniel with a yummy dinner and "Once". It's a movie.....one of our favorites, in fact. I gave it to him for Christmas and we just haven't had time to watch it so I thought I would bust it out tonight with special food! I found a recipe on www.marthastewart.com...... if you like asian food you should try this.

Chicken with Ginger
1 three inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch thick matchsticks (1/2 cup)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
1 large onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup sliced scallions

1. Soak ginger in cold water for 10 minutes; drain
2. Heat oil in a skillet over high heat; brown chicken in two batches; 6-8 minutes. Set aside
3. In same skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, garlic, stirring until browned, 8-10 minutes. Add soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar; cook over high heat until thick, 3-4 minutes. Add chicken; stir to warm. Remove from heat and add scallions.

*Servce over chinese noodles or steamed rice.....ENJOY!!!

No comments: