Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Excitement

Today I got really excited about our new preacher that is coming to our church. Why, you may ask? All because of his blog posting from yesterday (January 12 for those of you who may not read this until several days from now). This is what he had to say......



Revival fire
Revivalist preacher Gypsy Smith used to ask his audiences, “Do you really want to see a revival begin?” When they responded, he would reply “. . . go back to your home and draw a circle three feet around in your bedroom. Then get down on your knees in the middle of it and ask God to convert everyone inside that circle. When you do that, you are experiencing the start of revival.”I get worn out by well meaning Christians who complain about the sinfulness of our culture (TV, politics, internet, etc.). Guess what? The culture acts like an ungodly, semi-Christian, biblically illiterate culture is supposed to act. It’s easy to bash a worldly culture. I am more worried about what is going on in my heart and mind than “out there” in the culture.“Lord, start revival in my heart and mind. Convict me of my sin. Empower me to break the enemy’s hold in all points of my life. Fill me with your love and grace. Send me out to serve this broken world. Amen.”



I am sometimes guilty of judging those who are "worldly" and saying "oh if they could only change", when at the same time I allow sin into my life and my home. I may, sometimes, talk in a way that is less than respectful to my husband, or participate in gossip....the list could go on and on.



Maybe if I worry more about transforming myself, I then can show love and change to others.



That's why I am excited about our new Preacher!







Today's soundtrack: Coldplay-X&Y

Ryan Adams-Cold Roses

No comments: