Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I fell in love 7 times last night

Just a disclaimer: If you are not that into music this blog will bore you extensively.....
Please do not get the wrong idea about my title. You all know and Daniel knows he is my one and only (cheese please), but musically I really did fall in love 7 times last night. We went to see Iron & Wine and The Swell Season at the Palladium Ballroom last night. In total I saw 8 musicians and only fell in love 7 times....why you might ask? Well one of them I had seen in concert before so I already had high expectations of him. (Sam from Iron & Wine).
So back to the first time I fell in love.....Sam played an acoustic set with just himself on guitar and this guy Rob. Now Rob is the man, just so you know. I haven't seen someone with his abilities.....maybe ever. Not only did he play to perfection on the piano, acordian, and slide guitar, he played to perfection all of them simultaneously, all the while watching Sam intently to make sure everything was in perfect sync. It was amazing to watch. It made me wish I was like Sylar from Heroes and could steal peoples powers from them! (I think I'm teetering on the edge of fan to creeper)
Moving on to the second and third round. Just when I think Rob can't be topped in musicality (which is still questionable), Glen and Marketa took to the stage. Glen being the energetic and charasmatic performer that he is had me from the first note. And Marketa, oh my word, is the cutest thing I've ever seen. So of course they were amazing.
Then the rest of their band joined and each one seemed to just keep adding something incredible to the music. There was no pretentiousness anywhere on that stage. It was a group of 6 phenominal musicians having a blast together, doing what they love. They even had fun with the audience, which is rare. By the end of the night I didn't care (well I did a little) that my legs and back hurt so bad from standing, because their performances blew me away.
I would post a video but the sound on my phone is just awful so I'll see what else I can find. Just in case you don't know who they are at all, I will post a video, but it is not from the concert.



I went to bed happy last night!

No comments: