Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Shoes

Last night I came to the realization that I'm going to have to buy new running shoes. Mine are ok for short distances on a treadmill, but when it comes to long hard (that's what she said :)) running, I need something better! I did pretty well last night. I really only felt like puking for about 5 minutes after my run instead of an hour! I also ran longer with a better time. At this point though I don't think I should be as concerned about time as just not dying!! I met these people on the trail who were walking....downhill as I was running....uphill. They sarcastically said "so what's it like" and I thought I might be incarcerted by the end of the night on battery charges. HA! No I really love this though. I feel so good about myself after my run! We'll see how new shoes help!

On another note my in-laws have spent the last two days with us and it has just been wonderful having them. They were here because they lost all power for several days because of Hurricane Ike. (They live in Houston) So even though it wasn't under great circumstances, it was a nice visit. She would probably kill me if she new I was about to tell this story, but I have to. We watched Baby Mama last night (very funny BTW) and in the end where Angie is in labor and saying what it feels like to be in labor, Karen started laughing so hard she was crying. I've never seen anything like it and of course it got the rest of tickled so we all just sat around laughing (more at Karen than at the movie). Seriously though, it was great and I was sad to see them leave to go back home! Come back soon Fleming's!

3 comments:

Kylea Hapka said...

I'm so proud of you and your running! I ran on cheap-o shoes the week before I was going to start my boot camp and irritated my knee to the point of having to go to a physical therapist...grrr! So I really recommend getting new shoes :) The end! I heart you!

Bonniebeewester said...

I know exactly what part of the movie you're referencing...I saw it the other night and about died. It was hilarious!!

The shoe the lady at Luke's Locker in Dallas recommended for me was Mizzou's. They are really great and run about $100...little steep but well worth it.

Way to go! Keep going strong and while you train, just think of the finish line!! Yeahhh!!!

Barefeet Photography said...

We feel a deep longing in our hearts to see you! Miss you terribly...

Love,

The Jacksons