Monday, February 2, 2009

Smiling Is My Favorite

Really it is! And boy howdy did I do alot of it this weekend...This weekend my best friend growing up came and spent the weekend with me, along with her mom and daughter! We seriously had the best time. I love having friends that you can not talk to for a month and just pick up right where you left off. It was so much fun and I still can't believe she is a mommy! A phenominal one at that. She was sharing with me about motherhood and her's and Italo's (he's from Brazil) vision for their children's futures. Their kids are going to be so blessed by the parents they are born to!!! It was so funny on Friday night Allison and I laid in my bed giggling like teenagers again until 2 in the morning, when my hubby came to bed and her little baby whimpered in the other room. It was quite different from being teenagers!



On another note our new preacher started yesterday. Loves it! He was funny which I love so I felt that it was the beginning of a beautiful future for our church. His message yesterday focused on emptying yourself to let God reign in you. It really inspired me. A couple of weeks ago I was moved to silence the noise and listen for the still small voice, and now I am challenged to empty myself and let God move and mold my life where he wants it. It's not easy, but at the same time I am finding so much comfort in the fact that I will let Him lead me instead of worrying about making my own decisions. It's freeing! I could go on and on about this, but I'm afraid my words wouldn't really convey my thoughts or feelings so I'll just leave it at that! I hope everyone has wonderful what's left of Monday!

No comments: