Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fireproof

I wish there were more movies like this! I've been hearing so much about it from pretty much everyone I know and had been wanting to see it for a very long time. Finally, we rented it!!! (They have it in the redbox things!!!!)



I really believe this is a movie that everyone should see!!!! Whether you are happily marriage or on the brink of ending a marriage, this movie is so inspiring. There is a scene in the movie where Caleb's (Kirk Cameron) dad was trying to reason with him to fight for his marriage. Caleb looks up at his dad and says (paraphrase) Do you know what it's like to keep showing love to someone who keeps rejecting you? That is an extremely powerful statement. Not only do they use the phrase to show the example of Jesus, but also how that is what you HAVE to do in your marriage. Now I knew when I got married that there would be hard times, but when those hard times came up, sometimes I had no idea how to handle it. You handle it with an unconditional love for your spouse, because that is the kind of love Jesus shows us. In Ephesians 5:25 it says "husbands love your wives as Christ loved the Church"...I've heard this my entire life and even saw my parents live it, but am just now realizing how romantic that is. My word, for a husband to love his wife that much??? It's what every woman wants whether they know it or not!

It is such a powerful thing that in this instance, the husband showed that kind of love for his wife and it actually caused her to give her life to Christ. WOW!! It's a great example for couples who have a spouse that has either no faith or a lukewarm one. I was blessed to find a good Christian man (and he says the same thing about me except not a man), but I have a feeling if we each did the love dare, it could just be overwhelmingly wonderful!!



So whoever got fed up enough with the state of our marriages, and decided to make a movie on how to start turning things around....Thank you!

4 comments:

Kylea Hapka said...

We just rented it the other night and thought it was really good too!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you liked it! Are you going to see it again at the church? haha! :)

Daniel and Tiffany said...

Yeah we'll probably come to the church one too! hehe

laura jo said...

We also rented it and loved it. We had to have a box of kleenex by us, though. Actually, one of our friends in Chicago gave us the Love Dare book as a Christmas present. We read it when we can -- almost every day -- and it's been really fun to accomplish those dares for each other.