Thursday, February 5, 2009

Completely Annoyed

I try not to use my blog as a place to unleash my anger, but since Daniel is not here today to vent to, I must! It all started this morning when I was sitting around with my co-workers and just happened to mention how boring being home without Daniel was last night. The the following argument is the result of my comment. A guy I work with said since his wife was out of town as well, we should hang out. I quickly responded with "ummm no that's really inappropriate". Then things got really heated. He wouldn't drop it so we both started looking for people to back us up. Well he found 3 and I found none. This quickly became a very unbalanced arguement. Had Daniel been there with me, he would have had my back 20000000000000%. When we got married we came to a mutual understanding that I would not be alone with another guy and he would not be alone with another girl. I guess I made the mistake of assuming that this was what everyone did. Well, it soon turned ugly has one guy said "y'all must have trust issues"!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You've got to be kidding! I bit back that it wasn't about trust it was about respect for each other. Long story short, I just got made fun of for about 15 minutes for this. I know this is all over the place and not well written at all, but I suppose that is what anger does to me! Work today was hard enough with all the stress going on....that did not help! Urgh!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Tiffany,

I agree with you 100%. That is something my parents used to tell us. They called it the "ride in the car" rule. Don't ride in the car with someone of the opposite sex who is now your spouse.

If you want to vent, you can call me! :)
Allison

Daniel and Tiffany said...

Thanks Allison!

Anonymous said...

You are right, Tiffany, for too many reasons to count. While it wouldn't mean that something would happen, making sure that you honor your marriage and always keep the example of propriety is the best route. That is why your marriage will be solid, you won't have "trust issues," and you'll be a lot less stressed in the years to come. You chose Daniel over every other person in the world, and you are keeping your word in the face of opposition. Good job!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Tiffany! I bet you didn't know I stalked your blog, but I do. It's Bethany Knox Reid. I really like hearing what you have to say about things. I wish I could talk to that guy at your work. He's an idiot if he thinks that it's cool to be alone with a girl while his wife is out of town. Caleb and I made the same agreement when we got married, and it's not because we have "trust issues"; it's a preventative measure to make sure we don't have those issues in the future. There's no chance of any funny business (or even a suspicion of such) if neither of us are alone with the opposite sex. Also, I will gladly admit that I DO have trust issues with every other girl in this world. I completely trust that Caleb or myself would do the right thing, but I cannot count on that from other boys and girls. It's just a good idea to not leave any room for error. I'm proud of you for sticking up for what you believe in and doing the right thing. I know it's hard when you're ganged up on. (I guess from my long comment, you can see that this gets me a little fired up too!)

Daniel and Tiffany said...

Cara and Bethany,
Thanks for the words of encouragement! You guys are awesome!! And I get so excited to know that I have new readers!

Bonniebeewester said...

What an immature way to look at the situation..."ya'll must have trust issues." This sounds like a comment coming from a 15 year old boy. You are 10000% right on this issue! This is what's wrong with marriages America...there is no respect for the other spouse. I, out of respect for Chaz, don't put myself in situations where there's any doubt. (And he, likewise.) Why put an unneccesary burden on your marriage? Plus, why would you want to hang out with someone of the opposite sex? That sounds fishy to me anyway??

Kylea Hapka said...

What's the big deal? I love when Bryan goes out of town so I can hang out with my guy "friends". They usually take me to dinner and a movie then walk me to the door. What??? No that's not an okay thing to do! I would feel so awkward hanging out with a guy alone now that I'm married. I know how frustrating those conversations can be with people! Way to be tough Tiff!!

laura jo said...

Live in the world, but not of the world...

Maybe this is what persecution is like?