Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Belated Gobble Gobble

Oh what fun the Holiday's are with family. Thanksgiving just made me that much more anxious for Christmas to get here!! I had so much fun with my family....all the running, eating, footballing, visiting, laughing....well you get the point. We left for Abilene Wednesday night after work. Ugh traffic was awful. But we finally made it there safe and sound. Thursday morning Thomas, Jenn, Jakson, Landon, Shae and me went and ran in the Turkey trot.

Here is my pre race action shot. Mom looks excited!


Who says you can't find beauty in Abilene. What a great view first thing in the morning!

Look at those trees! God's creation is amazing!!!

Thomas finished in 18 minutes! That was like a leisurely stroll for him

I finished in 27 minutes. I realized after the race I was so slow because of that sweatshirt....and the horrible allergy attack that ravaged my head about 10 seconds after crossing the finish line.

The Thomas Talley's pre race pose

All of the runner's after our races!

That afternoon Mom, Daniel and I drove out to Winter's for the Bahlman family reunion. It has been on Thanksgiving Day for something like 30 years. We eat Bar-B-Q.....for Thanksgiving dinner. At least it is good.....actually the best I've ever eaten. We had a good time visiting with family and singing till we could no longer make noise.

Me and Granny


Granny, Aunt Pat, Mom, Aunt Doris and Me


Daniel enjoyed the many photo ops that the trip to Winters presented. The next few picture are pretty common sights that I grew up around.



My mom spent most of her growing up years in fields like this picking cotton. We just had to stop and capture the view!

Me and Mom putting up the Christmas tree on Friday night


Right before the picture took Daniel told me to look surprised. What do you think? Mission accomplished?

Ah, West Texas sunsets!
And now for the biggest news yet. Saturday I ran 10 miles in 1 hour and 28 minutes! I was so excited. I now feel like I can confidently tackle the half marathon that is now less than 2 weeks away!! After I finished my run that morning, we went and watched the ACU football game. They suffered their first loss and it was freezing cold, but I'm glad we went. It felt good to be there.
Last night Daniel and I decorated our house, so you can be sure there will be pictures up soon of our night o fun!!

























































No comments: