Monday, December 15, 2008

My first half marathon!

Well I made it! After 3 months of training, I finally crossed the finish line! It was the most bittersweet moment I've ever had. I was so emotional about finishing so I was trying not to look like the crazy lady out there. I was so happy and proud to cross the finish line, but my body was in so much pain, I wasn't comfortable standing, walking, sitting, laying, etc.....Everything hurt! But it was over and I got to go home and eat roast that I had put on the night before and take a nap under my new snuggly blanket! The pain is still in effect today, but I'm adjusting to it I guess as I don't notice it as much. I think next time I do a half or especially if I do the full, I will take the next day off work. It has been so hard to be alert and moving around today. I want to still be in bed eating and watching movies! My sister-in-law, Whitney, and I are trying to convince Scott and Daniel to train for a half and we'll all run it together. I think that would be really awesome, but feel like I haven't been a very good example to him of what it's like! haha
Well enough yapping, here are some pictures of the day!
Ready to go!!
When I still had knees
A little sleepy, but ready to go!
Starting to get a little nervous
Action shot at mile 13 just .1 more to go!!
Haha do you see me? I got really excited when I saw Daniel!!!
So tired and so glad I'm done running for the day!
Don't worry I had walked around a little and stretched before I let myself crash against a wall
Feelin' the runner's high with my medal!
Runner's got free leg massages after their race! It was obviously my favorite part!

My other favorite part of the day was the cake that Daniel let me buy from Corner Bakery for a job well done. I don't have a picture of it, but believe me, it was AWESOME!!!!
So long story short, I've done one....taking a break.....start back up in 2009 for my next one!

3 comments:

Bonniebeewester said...

WAY TO GO TIFFANY!!!! It was so good to see you whizzing by me. You're a champ!!! Ugghhh, there are not enough words in the English dictionary to describe the brutality of yesterday. My knee completely blew out right before you saw me, I didn't drink enough water, etc etc. I broke all the basic rules of running and Oh M Gee, I thought I was going to literally DIE! I paid for it dearly. I had no idea it was going to be so stinkin hot?!

Ok, enough of my crying, congratulations on your success!!

Unknown said...

YAY Tiffany!!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! You deserve it!