Friday, November 7, 2008

What a Week

It has been quite a week hasn't it? So much so that I couldn't even figure out what to blog about. Where do I start? Perhaps I could start with how much fun we had last weekend....we were smurfs for Halloween. We won best overall costume at our Halloween Party, but I think it was a pity win because I yelled our names to be nominated to be funny and then everyone was like "well they did paint their faces". I guess a victory is a victory....although I feel that I cheapened it with my nomination. Before our party we went and early voted. We made a lot of new friends as people were eager to talk to us, children wanted our autographs, and some old British man said he wanted to hang me on a wall like a picasso painting....creeeeper


And with my victory on Friday night and all that standing in line to vote, Tuesday night I, and many other Republicans were defeated. It was a sad night for me. I didn't sleep well and boy was a grouchy at work on Wednesday. I feel alot better now after realizing that the fate of our country is not in the hands of me, John McCain, Barak Obama, George W or anyone else. It is in the hands of God and find alot of comfort in that.....no matter the outcome.

On another note I am still training hard for my half marathon on December 14. I am starting to get a little nervous about it. I think it is just nervousness due to the unknown. I've never ran in any sort of race like this so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Speaking of....a quick shout out...Bonnie I hope you read this entry because I know you are running the white rock half and I was going to ask if I can run with you? Unless you have some rediculously awesome time and then, nevermind.....I will not be running that fast.

Lastly, I want to ask everyone to pray for a friend of mine. My friend Taylor called me last Friday with news that her mom had been diagnosed with colon cancer. Since that time, they have gotten a fairly good report that they removed all the cancer, but will still do chemo for several months just to make sure they get it all. Cancer is a scary thing and to be real honest it gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I really just want to ask everyone (whether you know Taylor or me at all) to pray for complete healing for her mom.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and wonderful and safe weekend!


4 comments:

Kylea Hapka said...

I LOVE that you voted in a smurf costume. Will you marry me?

Daniel and Tiffany said...

a million times yes....although that was frowned upon, on Tuesday. I guess we're in a pickle

Bonniebeewester said...

First of all, are Smurfs allowed to vote??

Second, of course you can run with me. But, word of caution: I'm probably the SLOWEST runner on the planet. My last time was 2:37 minutes!!! (Go ahead & laugh, its okay, I've come to terms with it.) And no, that was not a full marathon-only a half! It was so embarrassing bc when I was finishing my half, there were people finishing the full!!

I'm just hoping to finish UNDER 2:30...pretty lofty goal, huh???

How's your running going?

Daniel and Tiffany said...

Bonnie, dear, I'm just hoping to finish! Thanks for letting me crash your party! The running is going pretty well. I feel really good, I've just been so busy it's hard to find time to get in my long runs now that it gets dark at 6!