Thursday, November 20, 2008

Has it really been a week?

I really do want to blog more than just once a week, but the week seems to go by so fast that I always feel that I just posted something. Oh well, enough with the excuses!

Last night I went to see Coldplay. They are just phenomenal! That's really the only word I can find to describe them. I am really sad that I don't have any pictures to document it. Our tickets said in all caps NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS. So, since our only camera now is worth more than a pot o gold, we did not risk taking ours. However, I think we were probably the only people in the entire AA Center that did not have a camera. While Coldplay was fantabulous, I certainly had my reservations about one of their opening acts. The first band that went on was actually pretty good. I really enjoyed their pedal steel. Then, this other techno sort of thing came on. The "music" he was making was ok. It kind of reminded me of Enigma. BUT, he did this weird psychadelic video thing with it. Just to let you know how weird it was, Daniel's exact words were "who sits at home and dreams up this crap?" It was just weird.

In other news, we are going to finish our kitchen lighting project tonight. We had 4 total to install and have done one, leaving us 3 to do tonight. It should make the kitchen alot cozier and alot less flourescent. Speaking of cozy, it is supposed to get really cold tonight and I think I'm going to make Daniel make a fire in the fireplace.

Another home project we are going to tackle (after the Holidays) is replacing the floors in a few rooms. I think we will do wood in the kitchen, dining, formal living, and entry. If anyone has done this before and has some great DIY advice, we'd love to hear it!

So my half marathon is about 3 weeks away. I really hope I'm as ready as I think I am. I guess I will find out this Saturday as I have a 12 mile run ahead of me. The weather will be quite different from what I'm used to running in, but probably more along the lines of what the race day weather will be like. I just really need to work on being calm about the race and not getting so nervous to just run. I'll keep you posted.

I apologize for all of the rambling as you probably have not made this far into the post due to boredom. If you have read this though, thank you for your interest!

2 comments:

Kylea Hapka said...

I made it all the way to the end...and I was still interested :) I helped install some hardwood floors last year. We bought the glue-less locking kind. You just roll down a sheet of this rubber stuff then wedge the wood on top of it/under your baseboards... It goes really quick. I won't bore you with all the details on here, but if you want call me and I'll give you the specifics! Love you!

Bonniebeewester said...

Ok, so the techno guy was crazy...I scolded Chaz for not bringing our 'shrooms.

So guess who's been out of commission for an entire week now due to an upper respitory infection of some sort? Yeah, that's me. And I feel so totally unprepared. Ahhh!!! I don't know about this bitterly cold weather...it makes me nervous. I might be the runner in the ski mask running next to you. Don't be ashamed...