Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Friends-Sappy post

I have great friends. I'll just start by saying that. Seriously, I am so amazed at the people that God has placed in my life over the span of 27 years. Sure there have been a few duds (let's skip over those), but for the most part, WOW. There are friends that have been friends since we were kids (or high school age-that's a kid right?), friends I met in college. Oh boy. College friends. They have loved me through some tough times. They have held me when I cried, and laughed with me until we peed a little. They have driven great distances to be with me when my dad (who I've been missing terribly lately)was sick or for his funeral. Man I can never repay them for that. AMAZING!
Then there are my friends that I have made after moving to Dallas. Oh goodness, these girls are equally special to me, just in the short time I've known them. I never thought I could be so blessed to have so many people that I could be so honest with and love and be loved no matter what.
I'm not sure why all of this has recently popped up in my mind. But it has, and I just wanted to write about them a little. Maybe it's because 2 of them have asked me to be present at the birth of their first child, or because I'm getting older and realizing this stuff. I don't know. But they are all very special to me.
So girls, if you are reading this know that I love you so much and thank about and pray often for y'all!

No comments: