Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Fall Wreath

While Daniel was at photography class last night, I decided to get crafty! I saw these adorable wreaths on an etsy shop that I knew I had to have, but didn't want to pay $50 for. So I went and bought some things to make it and got started. FYI, it took FOREVER to roll this thing in yarn. Anyway, I'm pleased with it, in general, but would like to replace the flower with several, cuter, maybe felt, flowers. Other than that I like it. Also, the pictures were not taken by Daniel (it's quite obvious) as they are in terrible light and all together not that great. I just didn't want to say he was in photography class, and then let anyone believe these pictures were his work. HA!


Our other little projects have been some old furniture that we recently got. We are creating a little sitting area in the "formal living". We are not very fancy so we wanted it to be a little more vintage. The orange couch is the couch we found in our warehouse at work. We brought it home and cleaned it up and are in love with it. We found the chair on craigslist for way cheap, so we snatched up as fast as we could. We got another one from the same people, but it still needs quite a bit of work, so it's in the garage.....sanding is on the to do list. The piece of furniture you see under the chalk board in an old record player from the 60's. My grandparents gave it to my mom when she was a teenager, and they have passed it on to me. I will love it forever!!! The space is not finished, as we will add some artwork, new pillows on the couch and hopefully a round area rug. (If I can find one I love)
And quickly a little shout out to my dear friend Susan. She has a TON of old sheet music and magazine articles (like from the 20's!!!!!) and she was sweet enough to let me sift through and pick some that I liked. The framed picture of the cute vintage clock is my favorite one! Thanks Susan!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday! We're halfway to the weekend! YAY!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

CUTE! You guys are workin' that couch - looks great!

Daniel and Tiffany said...

Thanks Natasha!!