Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Adventures of Hans Peter van Aarkel


Meet Hans Peter van Aarkel. We bought him in the Target dollar alley before our trip. We figured we needed something little, fat, and cute to take pictures with on our trip, and since we don't have a baby......TADA.....enter HPVA. Granted, I wouldn't shove my baby in the bottom of a completely overloaded purse, like I did this little guy, but he was a good ice breaker none the less. This is him on our kitchen counter before departing for Europe



What's that you say HPVA? You're excited about the trip? Me too little buddy! (Why is everything in blue and underlined?? Oh the mysteries of blogger)


Hans Peter was very hungry when we got there and he really wanted to try something different....so we went to Burger King....and he stood on his burger



Here he is with some lovely Dutch "art"


It was quite a bit chillier in The Netherlands than it was in Dallas, so after a long while walking and seeing everything another country had to offer, HPVA decided he needed some warmth and a pick me up. So he ordered a very manly cappaccinoBoy did he get us some looks in Keukenhof! Here he is after escaping my purse and climbing a tree.


Don't even get me started on this one....the little stinker almost got us kicked out! Can you see him? He's on the toe of the clog


Sideways and I'm not sure why.

Here he is at the Arc de Triumph.....I bet that's what Napoleon looked like in front of it too!



1 comment:

Barefeet Photography said...

I think Hans and Barry should plan an outing together. Barry desperately needs some friends!