Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It has certainly been a while since I blogged. My mom called me the other day and said, "on April 28th you blogged that you would promised to be back soon". Can you believe my own mother would call me out on such a thing?! :)
Well things have been pretty busy since April 28th. We moved, I've been to LOTS of births, I've traveled and seen family and had them travel to see me, I repelled in the Palo Duro canyon, kept a couple of very cute kids for a few days, I've gotten a tan, lost a tan, gone blonde, seen college girlfriends for some fun at the lake, and the list goes on and on. It has been eventful so I suppose I just never felt that the time was right to blog about it all. Next thing I know, 3 months have pile up. One thing that kept me away was that the day we closed on our house and begin to move in, I took a positive pregnancy test. A couple of weeks later I had a miscarriage. I wanted to blog about all the fun things I had been up to, but that seemed like so much a part of my life that I felt like I could just appear on my blog as if everything was all peachy. So when I felt the time was right, I wrote a huge blog about my experience and how it was to grieve a pregnancy. Then I went back and for forth for the last month on whether or not to post it. I won't post it because I don't think I'm ready to share that much, but I did feel that I needed to mention it in all the events because it is now a part of who I am and what has been going on with our little family. I will just say that God has been present and protected our hearts through it all and we have felt so much love from our friends and family around us. Thanks for the prayers!
So, our new house.....we are mostly moved in and settled, but there are always those last few boxes that we're not quite sure what to do with them. Oh well. When we moved in the dining room was an obnoxious candy apple red. It is now a lovely light grey, almost white color. I'm going for a calming neutral space. As soon as we find our cable to the camera, I will try to post before and after pictures of the house. I LOVE the house. We have a heavily wooded creek behind us so the critters are ever prestent. A couple of nights ago I felt my hair tickling my arm and kept trying to brush it off. After a couple of minutes of that I thought maybe it wasn't a hair after all, so Daniel turned on the light and low and behold a spider had been crawling up and down my arm. I haven't slept the same since!!!
In other news, yesterday was Daniel's 26th birthday. He spent the day working and the night at our neighborhood crime watch training. Yes folks 26 going on 80. Just kidding. He can protect me anytime!!!
I really just need to get the camera cable found so I can have a fun post of all pictures. Heaven knows this is long winded and nobody is probably even reading anymore. If you are, you are a trooper! I will be more regular about blogging now!!! I PROMISE MOM!
Well that's all my tiny fingers feel like typing for now, so I'll be back soon with more super interesting things. :)
Happy Tuesday!!!


Rebekah said...

I'm still reading! So glad you popped up on my Google reader today- been wondering about you. :) So sorry about your loss- I can't imagine that pain- I pray God is healing your heart. So glad you love your house, can't wait to see pics!!

Allison said...

Welcome back!! I have been slacking on my blog, too. It's hard to know what to share and what to keep private sometimes. I am so sorry for all you have been through. You are in my prayers...see you tomorow night!!! MUAH!

P.S. And as I told you Sunday, I need to see that house NOW. Or at least pictures. ;)