Monday, June 30, 2008

Friday night, my mom came into town to spend the night before departing for Ireland Saturday. With her she brought a book that she has just finished writing. I suspected that it would probably be a decent writing, but wasn't sure exactly what to expect. Turns out, my mom is an extremely talented writer! I am only about half way through, but I already feel like I have really gotten a chance to grasp a different perception of the death of my dad through this book. I can't wait until she is able to have it published so we can share it with others who have lost loved ones. She really is a huge inspiration!!!!

On another note, Saturday Daniel and I and another couple from our class at church went to the Celebrate Freedom Festival in Frisco. Seeing as how Daniel bought a great deal of advertising from KLTY, we got VIP passes! Everything was great until it started storming and they made everyone from outside come in to the building where we were. This building was not very big and went from holding about 150 people, to upwards of 500 or 600. They told us all we could not leave because it was too dangerous outside, but as soon as the security guard turned the other way, we all made a run for it! Such rebels, I know! Anyway, we ended our evening by going to see Get Smart, which was a very pleasant surprise. Very funny and I recommend it!

1 comment:

Barefeet Photography said...

I really wanted to go to Celebrate Freedom! Maybe I can convince Scot to go next year :)